The countdown is on – with the California HR Conference less than a month away we can already smell the sea breeze and feel the Long Beach sand between out toes.
This is emPerform’s first time participating in this event and we can’t wait! And why wouldn’t we? Every year thousands of motivated professionals gather at the California HR Conference, produced by the Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA), to make valuable connections, learn from innovators in the field and continue their education in human resources. With seven professional tracks to choose from and more than 2,300 practitioners, presenters and providers, the California HR Conference helps professionals gain the knowledge, skills and resources they need to excel in HR.
Be sure to stop by Booth #336 for your chance to win a $250 Visa® Gift Card,meet the team and see for yourself what emPerform has to offer to enable easy, effective & ongoing employee performance management in your organization:
- configurable online appraisals & self assessments
- 360° multi-rater reviews
- year-round feedback & journaling
- talent identification
- online surveys
- compensation management
- talent reports & dashboards
Don’t want to wait until then?
Join us for a free pre-show webinar & get a $5 Starbucks Gift Card.
Not Registered? You’re in luck! We are giving away a limited number of FREE Marketplace (Expo) passes. To request your Marketplace pass, please send us an email with your full name and title.
Not Attending? No problem. You can request a demo of our performance management solution or click here explore all features included in emPerform.
Exhibit Hall Tips for Attendees
We always look forward to being in the Expo hall ready to meet with our amazing customers & valuable partners and to chat with attendees about their performance management challenges. But we have to admit that we have it easy compared to attendees. After all, while we are nestled in our comfy booth (this year we will be in Booth #336), attendees have to run from session to session – all while staying on top of the happenings at the office. The overall experience makes it more than worth it but we want to help ensure that all attendees not only enjoy their time at the event but that everyone also leaves with valuable take-aways and action items from the sessions as well as the abundance of information available in the Expo Hall.
Here are some great conference & expo tips we can offer to help attendees get the most from their time at the California HR Conference:
- Comfy shoes – seems like a no-brainer but you would be surprised how big the Long Beach Convention Center can get and how much walking is done in the Expo hall and to and from sessions (one of these years I am going to wear a pedometer and keep track just for fun).
- Pack lightly – you need to save room for all of the conference material, chachkies, and emPerform swag you plan to take home.
- Network, network, network – don’t be afraid to share your business card. The California HR Conference offers the best HR networking opportunities available to PIHRA members so don’t miss your chance to form some meaningful business connections with speakers, fellow delegates, and vendors. Sign up onsite for the ‘Meet and Eat’ where you can enjoy your meals with other attendees and join the conversation on twitter using the hash tag #CAHR16.
- Make an Expo plan – never enter the Expo hall without a plan of which vendors you would like to see, why, and what you plan to take away from each meeting. Without planning, you might get distracted by all of the lights and gifts and miss the opportunity to get one-on-one interactions with potential vendors. If possible, book meeting times with key vendors in advance so they are expecting you and can set aside some dedicated time.
- Ask questions – vendors are in their booths ready to show you the latest technology and services to help make your life easier – but unless you ask all of the questions that relate to your unique requirements, you won’t know if they are truly a fit. Don’t be scared to ask any and all questions you have. That’s what vendors are there for! Want an easy way to prepare? Download our Employee Performance Management Software Buyer’s Checklist for a great list of questions.
- Remember that life exists after the conference – we see it year after year. People attend sessions and sample new technology and then plans never come to fruition afterwards. We recommend never leaving a session, booth, or meeting without jotting down some clear follow up activities to execute after the event is over. This will help ensure all of the inspiration doesn’t dissipate on the way home and will remind you what follow up activities you have committed to and ultimately, how you plan to benefit from the knowledge and resources you have obtained.
- Have fun! Keep your conference objectives close but don’t let them stop you from enjoying the Conference and Long Beach – especially if you aren’t from the area. Grab some fellow-attendees for a stroll along the Long Beach waterfront, take a few hours to take in some local tourist attractions like exploring the Aquarium of the Pacific or touring the legendary Queen Mary.
- Checkout the things to do in Long Beach.
- Show your badge to receive special offers at these local restaurants.
- View the downtown Long Beach restaurant map.
- Get out on the water to view the downtown waterfront on the AquaBus or Aqualink water taxis.
- Rainbow Harbor, Convention Center, Shoreline Village, many downtown hotels. View the Passport route map.