1. When you’re reading through appraisal comments and have absolutely no idea what the supervisor was trying to say!
2. When you are trying to track the status of performance reviews – but can’t.
3. The looks you get when explaining the importance of consistent ratings and calibration.
4. The pep-talk you give your HR team mid-way into year-end reviews.
5. When employee goals aren’t clearly defined.
6. When valuable talent isn’t being developed or retained.
7. When your managers wait all year to document performance and meeting notes and then try to do it all at once.
8. When employees are blind-sided with feedback from 4 months ago!
9. When your leadership team finally confirms core competencies.
10. What employees do when you ask them if they have met with their manager to discuss the status of goals.
11. It’s 5 O’clock somewhere! What you deserve if you manage manual, paper appraisal forms.
12. When managers see you coming in the hallway 4 days after their reviews were due.
13. When performance issues become a problem but no one will tackle it.
14. When a manager submits their performance reviews on-time and fully completed!
15. How you know employees would feel if they received timely feedback.
16. When you’ve finally compiled a dozen spreadsheets into ONE legible compensation plan for merit decisions.
All submissions should be received by March 29-2019. Winners will be emailed directly. All submissions will be shared and published without names.
Looking to transform your performance review processes?
Explore emPerform for automated, complete & ongoing performance management that will have you doing a happy dance. Learn more.
All GIFS courtesy of GIPHY