Sometimes, all you can do is cup your face in your palm and laugh until you cry – just know that you aren’t alone!
There is no question that managing your company’s performance management processes comes with a lot of emotional peaks and valleys. Having been in the space for over 15 years, we’ve seen it all and felt it too! Your pain is what keeps us striving to help HR put an end to the emotional highs and lows of traditional performance reviews.
We’ve searched the recesses of the internet to find the top GIFS that we feel every HR professional can relate to when it comes to performance management. There are certainly hundreds more out there but these are our favorites. So take a few minutes to laugh out loud and then call us to see how we can help!
Here are 17 amazingly relatable GIFS for HR in performance management:
1. When you’re reading through appraisal comments and have absolutely no idea what the supervisor was trying to say!
2. When you are trying to track the status of performance reviews – but can’t.
3. The looks you get when explaining the importance of consistent ratings and calibration.
4. The pep-talk you give your HR team mid-way into year-end reviews.
5. When employee goals aren’t clearly defined.
6. When valuable talent isn’t being developed or retained.
7. When your managers wait all year to document performance and meeting notes and then try to do it all at once.
8. When employees are blind-sided with feedback from 4 months ago!
9. When your leadership team finally confirms core competencies.
10. What employees do when you ask them if they have met with their manager to discuss the status of goals.
11. It’s 5 O’clock somewhere! What you deserve if you manage manual, paper appraisal forms.
12. When managers see you coming in the hallway 4 days after their reviews were due.
13. When performance issues become a problem but no one will tackle it.
14. When a manager submits their performance reviews on-time and fully completed!
15. How you know employees would feel if they received timely feedback.
16. When you’ve finally compiled a dozen spreadsheets into ONE legible compensation plan for merit decisions.
17. Caption this GIF! Submit your best performance management caption for this GIF to us and you could win a $250 Amazon Gift Card!
[YOUR CAPTION HERE] Submit your best caption here.
All submissions should be received by March 29-2019. Winners will be emailed directly. All submissions will be shared and published.